Welcome to the National Headache Institute in Houston, Texas, where the diagnosis and treatment of problematic headaches is the primary goal. Our dedicated professionals are committed to alleviating your pain with proven treatments and a solid understanding of your specific issues. If you are suffering from headaches in Houston, our team is here to help develop the right individualized treatment plan for you.
Find Headache Relief at the Houston Headache InstituteHere at the Houston Headache Institute, we work tirelessly at the forefront of advanced medical treatment for chronic headaches and migraines for residents in Houston, Texas. We offer a complete assortment of safe, effective, non-invasive treatment options that can alleviate headaches no matter what may be causing them. Just as importantly, we believe in developing a personalized treatment plan for every patient, maximizing the relief and accelerating results.
Diagnostics and Relief in One LocationNavigating your day through the discomfort of a headache is complicated enough. At the National Headache Institute, we strive to simplify your life by offering a full service of diagnostics and treatments in one convenient location. Through state-of-the-art technology, we can provide the following non-invasive diagnostic testing options:
- Chronic Migraine Treatment – For ongoing migraine pain, proper management is essential. The majority of people with migraine disorders are not receiving medical care. Misdiagnoses, ill-advised self-prescribed treatments, and overuse of medication can lead to increased symptom frequencies.
- Allergy Testing – Allergies create irritation and pressure throughout the respiratory system, including the head and sinuses. Because of this, they are often the culprit of many occurrences of a headache. Discovering what allergens you may be sensitive to can be the key to successful treatment.
- ANS, VNG & EEG Testing – The Autonomic Nervous System test (ANS), Videonystagmography (VNG), and Electroencephalogram (EEG) are valuable tests that both evaluate and rule out blood pressure complications, inner ear disorders, and brain functions. These diagnostic tools not only help in discovering the possible causes of a headache, but they can also improve your overall health by revealing hidden conditions that have gone undiagnosed.
- Ultrasounds – Echocardiogram, Transcranial Doppler, Extracranial Bilateral Study, and Extra-Cranial Carotid Doppler are all types of ultrasound that can measure the blood flow to the brain and heart, as well as assessing arterial blood flow. Complications in these areas are a common cause of extreme migraines.
- Botox Treatment – Best known as a cosmetic procedure, Botox has been shown to relieve tension headaches by relaxing specific facial muscles. Fast and easy, this therapy can deliver long-term relief from pain.
- Biocellular Treatment – This is best known for treating different painful conditions of various joints such as the knee, hip, ankle, lower back, mid back, neck, shoulder, elbow, and wrist. However, at the National Headache Institute, we have developed techniques to treat several types of chronic migraines and headaches.
- Physical Medicine – Targeting muscles that are tense and stressed, this therapy includes procedures such as massage, electrical muscle stimulation, and accessing pressure points along the scalp. A neuro-muscular strain is a common source of headaches, and this approach is safe and straightforward. Neuromuscular therapy (NMT) encompasses the procedures above.
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip Pain
- Muscle Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Bell's Palsy
- Face Pain
- And others