How Does Ultrasound Relieve Headaches?
Ultrasound therapy is not new. Research reveals that it has been used for healing and pain relief after injuries as well as chronic ailments since the 1940’s.
Most people, however, think of ultrasound as a diagnostic tool and are not aware of its therapeutic benefits.
How does therapeutic ultrasound work?
The quick answer is that we don’t know yet exactly how Botox relieves migraine symptoms. However, it is thought that the relief Botox brings may have nothing to do with its muscle relaxing properties, but rather its effect on central pain processing systems that are responsible for migraine attacks. Botox has also brought relief to sufferers of lower back pain, cervical dystonia or neck pain, bladder pain and neuropathic pain.
- Ultrasound is administered using a round-headed wand or probe. Gel is used on all surfaces of the head in order to assist in the transmission of the ultrasonic waves and reduce friction,
- The sound waves that pass through the skin cause vibration and produces deep heat which the patient does not fee. The massage-like effect (especially beneficial at trigger points) helps relieve pain and inflammation which are the main causes of headaches.
- Release of the trigger points drains the build-up of lactic acid and other toxins in the area. This increases blood flow while bringing much needed nutrients to the muscle tissue for healing.
- It is non-invasive and offers an alternative to treatments which penetrate the skin as well as pain medication which only provides temporary relief.
- One of the greatest benefits of ultrasound therapy is that it can be used for treating those areas that are not easily accessible. It heats tissues as deep as 1 to 5 centimeters beneath the skin.
- In addition to alleviating pain and reducing inflammation, it is known to relieve muscle spasms, repair any damaged tissues and atrophied muscles for quicker healing and greater range of movement. lease of the trigger points drains the build-up of lactic acid and other toxins in the area. This increases blood flow while bringing much needed nutrients to the muscle tissue for healing.botox may reduce the ability for nerves to send pain signals during a migraine attack.
Benefits of Using Ultrasound for Pain Relief
Relieve Tension and Headache Pain with Ultrasound Therapy
The Miami Headache Institute uses the latest technology to provide our patients with effective relief. Our therapeutic ultrasound treatments have helped alleviate the pain caused by chronic headaches and improved quality of life for many of them. Treatment begins with diagnosis by one of our headache experts. In addition to providing you with immediate pain relief, our aim is to determine the cause of your headaches and try to prevent them from occurring.
Speak to us today to find out more about the beneficial effects of ultrasound as well as our other therapeutic solutions to end your headaches. Call our specialist headache management team today at 305.517.5712 or use our contact form to book a consultation.